The Facilities And Furniture Programme
The schools in the Nairobi slums are frequently no more than temporary shacks built with wood, nails, and tin sheets. They are small, dark, and poorly constructed. They are seldom maintained and definitely not built to last. Poor cash flow means that priority is rarely given to maintenance of the school fabric.
What is Porridge and Rice doing?
- Installing mains electricity in all partner schools
- Installing water tanks
- Purchasing additional desks
- Building extra classrooms and kitchens
- Painting school buildings
- Re-routing and re-digging open drains
- Improving toilet provision